Contact Info

You can mail a letter to Elder Wilson in the PARIS FRANCE mission at dearelder.com or through the postal service:

Elder B. Stanton Wilson
49 Rue Marengo
72000 Le Mans
France

The mission home address is:
France-Paris Mission
23, rue du Onze Novembre
78110 Le Vesinet
France

Monday, November 24, 2014

Pizza Delivery

November 10, 2014

Hey Famille!

This past week was pretty good. A little long, but also super great. Counting our two mangez vous that we have today, that will make seven mangez vous in seven days.

On the subject of food, I've learned quite a bit about the human body during my mission. When I eat terribly, I feel terrible. When I eat well, I feel very well. When I eat way too much, no matter if it's healthy of not, I feel terrible. That's something that members in general don't understand about missionaries. They are just like normal humans. But members normally think that missionaries need to gorge themselves with food, so they give us giant portions expecting us to eat everything. But I have found that this can be rather handicapping at times....ha But despite that, I really am grateful for the members that really do take time to give us food to eat. It's great to get to know the members.

So, with this week being transfers, we kind of knew that I would leave, so we had a Rendez-vous with Mehdi one last time to find out why he stopped the lessons and also to say good bye and exchange info so we can stay in contact. Mehdi is seriously super cool!! It's sad to me that he stopped with the missionary lessons, but I am glad that he still wants to be our friends. He has super amazing standards and will go on to do great things.

The Fitt's did a little Tours trip to check the apartments there (that's where Elder Smith is at), and Tours is known for their giant Tours Religeuse. The Fitt's brought Elder Godfrey and I each our own Tours Religeuse, which still hasn't been eaten. We're hoping to finish them by tomorrow.

This week we taught a young, 20 year old guy, Richard, and his girlfriend. The way Richard was found was a complete miracle. A couple weeks ago, we were walking down a street at night and a pizza delivary guy asked us to use our phone because he forgot his. So we let him use it. After he gave the pizza to the person, he then gave us his number and told us that he had talked with the Elders in Togo, and that he'd like to talk with us sometime. When we had the rendez-vous, he brought his girlfriend with him. We taught them about the Restoration and they seemed like they really were touched. We set up a return rendez-vous with him.

So, here is the news, after six months, I'm leaving La Rochelle. I'll be going to Le Mans, which is just east of Angers. It's in the Tours Zone!! So Elder Smith will be my Zone Leader, how cool is that?

Today, the Fitt's fed us, they did a "birthday dinner" for me before I leave, even though I won't be here for my birthday. They also gave me an Apron for when I cook!! :) Sister Fitt has a super great memory. I've really appreciated getting to know them. They've basically become like another mother and father to me, out here in the mission field.

So, I have a question, I know there are many Wilson's, but are we, by chance, related to an Edward Donald Wilson who is married to a Lynn Ann? They are a new couple in the mission, I haven't met them yet, but I was just curious.

I love you all!! :)


-Elder B. Stanton Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment