Contact Info

You can mail a letter to Elder Wilson in the PARIS FRANCE mission at dearelder.com or through the postal service:

Elder B. Stanton Wilson
49 Rue Marengo
72000 Le Mans
France

The mission home address is:
France-Paris Mission
23, rue du Onze Novembre
78110 Le Vesinet
France

Monday, February 10, 2014

Fasting Works

2/10/14

Hey Family!!

Sounds like all's well for you all. :) 

So um, Happy Valumtimes Day. Tines, tines, tines! (Jaret will get it. #TeenGirlSquad)

Okay, alors, the toe of my companion is making progress!! We had a rdv (rendez-vous. Ha, I'm getting the French text language DOWN!) avec the Docteur this past Mercredi pour voir comment va his toe. It is no longer infected!! Now it's scarred and is healing. So that's great news!! We're able to pick up the work, slowly. If his toe hurts, we gotta take a break. Also if it rains, we can't go out. :P Cherbourg taught me to love the rain...buh tant pis pour moi. :P

We did have a cool rdv with the Docteur though. He asked us who we are after he was done looking at the toe and stuff. (He speaks English BTW's. He LOVES speaking English.) So we told him that we're the Mormons. GREAT ANSWER TO HIS QUESTION!! :D The first thing he said is "YOU GUYS DO GENEALOGY!! Right? Can you help me out?" So we gave him the number for the genealogy office somewhere in the region of Paris. We also told him our proper name, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, so he asked why others call us Mormons. We taught him about the Book of Mormon. He asked us if he could borrow the one we showed him (which was in his native language, French!) and of course we said, "You can keep it. It's yours." He got SUPER excited and said "You have to write something in it. Both of you. For souvenir" (souvenir means "to remember". Basically what he meant is to remember us.) So we did. And when we gave it to him he said "I promise you, I will read it!" Seriously, that was a cool miracle! Even when we have rdv's with the docteur, we STILL get opportunities to share the gospel.

So fasting works. Like really. Yesterday, I fasted. I was getting pretty discouraged with the work. We were doing what we could with the circumstances we had. But it was pretty discouraging. Every call/text we did just resulted in "I'm too busy right now." Or "I'm too busy this whole week. And next week." Pretty upsetting...well, Yesterday, I basically pulled an Elder Murray from The District. I fasted so that we could have a baptism. And so that we could find new amis. After church was over and we were waiting for the buses to come to take us back to Cergy, (we meet in the St. Ouen building for l'instant a cause de notre building being under renovation.) singing in the choir. As we started, we received a call from Pritish, telling us that he wants to get baptized. Next Sunday. And so now we'll be seeing him like 3 or 4 times this week to make sure he's ready and make sure he understands everything. Seriously, miracles happen. God lives and hears our prayers. He answers our prayers.

I'm sorry I don't have more to say. Today I'll be baking though! :D I'm making brownies and a chocolate pie for district meeting for tomorrow. :D #stoked ;)

That's super funny about the trololo guy's music in the opening ceremony of the Olympics!! Haha. Too bad it probably wasn't the original performer, Edward Khil. He died January of 2012, or 2013. I don't remember which year. Ha. :P

Happy Valumtimes day! And mommy, I'm so sorry!! J'ai completement oublié à propos de ton anniversaire! J'espère qu'il était bien! (P.s. You're old now, too. ;) haha! Just kidding)

I love you all! Thank you for all your prayers. It means tons to me! Always remember the hand of the Lord in your life.

-Elder B. Stanton Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment