Contact Info

You can mail a letter to Elder Wilson in the PARIS FRANCE mission at dearelder.com or through the postal service:

Elder B. Stanton Wilson
49 Rue Marengo
72000 Le Mans
France

The mission home address is:
France-Paris Mission
23, rue du Onze Novembre
78110 Le Vesinet
France

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

I'm Loving the Work Here

9/30/13

Hey ma famille!!

It's cool that tout est bien!! :) (all is well)

So this week, we had some awesome miracles!! Elder Lerdahl and I have been working SUPER hard to find new amis (friends)...but it seems like nobody is interested. Port after port. Person after person. It was starting to get really discouraging for both of us. But then, on our way to Ruenne last week for a Zone meeting and District meeting, we received a call from a guy named Ashim. Ashim is a refugee (oh by the way, there are TONS of refugee's here.) from Sierra Leone. He speaks English but is trying to learn French. So, in this call, Ashim said "I have been looking for a church to go to and a friend gave me this number. I want to go to your church EVERY week." It was CRAZY cool! So we set up a rendez-vous (appointment) to show him where our church was and to find more about him and find out his beliefs. We shared the message of the Restoration with him, and he just LOVED everything. He asked great questions, too. It was an amazing rendez-vous! He told us about some crazy trials he had...and as a result of leaving his previous religion, he got stabbed!! He showed us the scar. It was LEGIT! We'll be meeting with him more.

And here is the other miracle:

A week from Sunday, we were contacting people in the street, and we contacted this one guy that was SUPER nice. He said he believed in God and Christ, but that because of the corruption in the Catholic church, he doesn't want to have much to do with church/religion. We tried to set up a rendez-vous but he said "it has to be natural, like when you meet a woman. If we meet again, we'll set up a rendez-vous, if not, then it wasn't meant to be." Well, during last week, we went contacting. And just as we were gonna start porting, we ran into him again!! So we said bonjour (hello). The first thing he said was "Okay, you can pass by my house." and gave us his name, address, and phone number!! :D Pretty cool right?! " :)

So I'm doing really well. Although, would you send me some recipes for desserts. Also, would you look up some recipes for a fruit/vegatable shake for the morning? I wanna try some new things. My comp is pretty good at making sure we eat healthy. He's been having this shake every morning that has pineapple juice, an apple, carrots, and spinach. He says it tastes good and that he feels more energetic because of the veggies. So I just wanna get some different ideas for some shakes like that that I can do. :D Thanks.

This week, we'll be doing exchanges with the Elders over in Caen (which is about an hour-ish away from Cherbourg). I'm pretty stoked! My first exchanges! We also have a zone conference in Paris. I'm stoked to go back to Paris for a day!! :)

Oh so far, I've had 4 types of cheese. Le chevre, Camembert, Caprice des Dieux (the whim of Gods), et Roquefort. Caprice is my favorite thus far. I tried some new patisseries. One is like a brownie with chocolate fondant. Oh my. It was SO good!! I'm digging this food.

About worrying about weight, it depends on how you eat. My comp and I eat healthy. Some Elders gain 10+ pounds because they eat TONS of rubbish. I did gain some weight in the MTC, so I'm trying to get that off now. I wanna drop about 15 pounds by the time I get home. I gained like 15-20 pounds in the MTC. So I weight about 80-81 kg. I wanna be 75-77 kg. :) It's gonna happen!

I'm loving the work here. I know this is where the Lord wants me. I know that this church is true. Je sais que Joseph Smith ete un vrai prophete. Je sais que Dieu nous aime et nous sommes ses enfants. Je sais que le livre de Mormon est vrai. (I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet. I know that God loves us and we are his children. I know the Book of Mormon is true.)

Dieu soit avec toi jusqu'au revoir! (God be with you till we meet again!)
Je vous aime beaucoup!! (I love you very much.)

-Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment