Contact Info

You can mail a letter to Elder Wilson in the PARIS FRANCE mission at dearelder.com or through the postal service:

Elder B. Stanton Wilson
49 Rue Marengo
72000 Le Mans
France

The mission home address is:
France-Paris Mission
23, rue du Onze Novembre
78110 Le Vesinet
France

Monday, October 28, 2013

Elder Wilson vs. The Afghane

10/21/13

Hey Mommy, Pa, and Kaysen!
First off, that sounds like a pretty legit camping trip!! I'm a little (A LOT) jealous. :P Let's go to the mountains in 2 years when I get back. :D deal? Deal!
Okay so, this week...was the week of TONS of travel.
Monday: P-day not even over yet, we headed over to Paris to spend the night so we could be on time to my legality stuff on Tuesday. We stayed with the Elders in Paris, Elder Walton and Elder Amico. We had a Raclette Fete (fete=party). When you have raclette, you boil lots of spuds and smash them on your plate, then you melt this cheese called raclette, and put that on your potatoes and eat it all with a bunch of meat (lardons, jambon, salami, etc..). Raclette is an extremely greesy, smelly, and tasty cheese. But...let's just say that the next morning...I woke up sweating greese. :D hehe Oh, and raclette is a Swiss thing (Elder Amico is from Switzerland)

So Tuesday was legality. The AP's did a little training that was pretty great. It was a review of week 2 district meeting, which was on The Spirit of Finding. Then all the bleus went to the OFII building (no idea what it stands for) for our legality. All I had to do was pee in a cup, get weighed, and have my chest X-rayed. So about the Subject for the email. :D Afgahn. Well, when I looked at my papers, the OFII building messed up my nationality and instead of American, they put Afgahn!!! BAHAHA!! I laughed so hard! I took a picture of it...but I'll send it next week. I'm on the dinosaur computer this week. :P To fix the problem, they just crossed out Afgahn and wrote Americain.

Oh...and...I STILL haven't seen the Eiffel Tower yet!! :P
After legality was all done, my comp and I had to jet to get to our train. We went to from Paris to Caen because we had district meeting in Caen the next day. So we spent the night with the Caen Elders!! :D Ha
On the train, we taught someone about the book of Mormon and gave one to them, get her number and gave it to the Caen Sisters. The person was just new to Caen and wanted to find a church for her and her family. It was a cool experience! I don't know what's happened with her now though.
Wednesday was district meeting. It was good. I don't remember what it was on...and it was all in French. When we have meetings in French (all of our meetings), I'll be paying attention really well, getting some good stuff out of what they say, think I'll be understanding...and then right as soon as the meeting is done, I can't remember a word that was said!! Haha...it's rather...sad. :P I do remember how I feel during these meetings though.
Friday we taught Christophe again! And he kept his engagements!! I never thought it'd be this cool to have a progressing ami!! Christophe is such a cool dude! He's in a Reggae band!! He's a super chill dude.
Saturday, we went out to Rennes for stake conference. The Bellessa couple drove us, so that was nice. :)
So this past week, we were only in Cherbourg for 2 full days.. :P we still somehow ended up teaching the most lessons we've ever taught. The Lord truly blesses us! I love it!
Oh and to pay for all our trips, for train tickets, we just use our blue card, which is like mission funds I think? For food, we have MSF (Monthly Spending Funds?) we get about 180 euros per month I think. The price of things over here are usually more expensive. Speaking of which, for my birthday or Christmas or whatevs, could you send me Peanut Butter? :D and maple extract? Thanks :)
Well, that was my week :) Love ya'll!

Je t'aime beaucoup!
-Elder B. Stanton Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment