Contact Info

You can mail a letter to Elder Wilson in the PARIS FRANCE mission at dearelder.com or through the postal service:

Elder B. Stanton Wilson
49 Rue Marengo
72000 Le Mans
France

The mission home address is:
France-Paris Mission
23, rue du Onze Novembre
78110 Le Vesinet
France

Monday, August 19, 2013

A Little Homesick

Mommy and la Famille!!

Okay...so first, the language is coming...alright. It's pretty tough. I definitely know that I can't learn it without Heavenly Father's help. I'm learning so much though!! I really can't wait to go to France and be fully immersed in the language!!

Second, San Fran was alright. I woke up at 2 A.M. to be to the bus by 2:30 A.M. On the way to the airport, there was a missionary that was going out to the field to Oklahoma. His name is Elder Web!! Remember Mr. Web from Mountain Crest High School that you taught with? Yeah. His son. That I went to Millville Elementary with. He was the starting quarterback this last year for Mountain Crest. We talked about some of our old friends and talked about how we used to play soccer together at recess and stuff like that. It was SO weird to get oot and aboot though. Bishop and Sister Cole were on my flight to San Fran. It was nice to see some familiar faces. The trip in all was THE biggest waste of time. We got to the French Consolate, verified that our name was spelled correctly, took a picture, then left. We went to the Fisherman's Wharf and ate there after. There was a crepe shop. I got a breakfast crepe. It was SO good!! It had scrambled eggs and cheese in it. Mmmhmm!! :) But it was such a long day!

Third, my first P-day was last Monday. We go to the Temple every Monday. :) It's great!! I HAVE to do laundry every week. Otherwise I won't have any clothes for gym. I did have to buy detergent and we just use the cards they give us to do laundry. It costs like 50 cents a load, so only like $1 to do all my laundry. My comp and I do our laundry together to save monies. On P-day, we just chill. We have gym Tuesday-Friday and PPE on Saturday, so there's not much of a reason to work out on P-day. :D

Things with my comp are going well. He seems very quiet and reserved. Maybe he's just not comfortable yet? We do have a good companionship though, so don't take that wrong.

The district is SO good!! We're all like brothers!! It's awesome!! Except there is one companionship in our district that doesn't get along...like at all. And we all feel the tension. So until that companionship learns how to love each other, we'll have that tension. But the rest of us are super close!! It's pretty great!! Although, everybody is really sarcastic...and it's kinda hurtful sometimes. It tends to make me feel like I'm not a part of "the group."

We have taught four lessons...except me. I've only taught three. The fourth lesson was taught on the day I went to San Fran. The first lesson was SOOOO awkward because we didn't know how to speak French very well...ha. The second lesson was TONS better!! We spoke it better...except when we'd ask our investigator a question, she'd respond...and we didn't know how to respond back...bahaha! But the third lesson was MONEY!! She's totes getting baptized!! ;)

Thank you so much for the package!! I actually received it on Saturday, but couldn't get it because the mail office place closed before I could get there. So I got it this morning after we went to the temple. :) Thanks SOOO much for the peanut butter, shorts, socks, and USB cord! So funny story, the USB cord isn't working on the MTC computers...so I don't think you'll be getting any pictures until I'm in France. Which, by the way, I leave to France on the 16th. It's one straight flight to Paris. :)

Um, so this week was tough for me. I got really homesick and really depressed and felt so alone. I finally just asked Heavenly Father to let me know that He is there and that He loves me. And just what I needed, I received a super encouraging letter from Tori Fawson. It was so supportive and totally made me feel so much better!! And then I got letter from Mommy and Jaret and that helped too! I'm doing so much better now. :)

Love y'all!!

-Elder Wilson

P.s. Keep sending those dearelders. I love getting letters!! :) they really help me a lot.

P.s.s. Will you and Daddy and Kaysen pray for me to have the gift of tongues three times a day? One of my teachers, Frere Saguibo, testified that if we pray for that three times a day, and ask our families do so as well, and we study faithfully, we'll be able to learn the language easier and quicker. So, please, help me out. :) thanks!! Je t'aime beaucoup!!

Au revoir!!

No comments:

Post a Comment