Contact Info

You can mail a letter to Elder Wilson in the PARIS FRANCE mission at dearelder.com or through the postal service:

Elder B. Stanton Wilson
49 Rue Marengo
72000 Le Mans
France

The mission home address is:
France-Paris Mission
23, rue du Onze Novembre
78110 Le Vesinet
France

Monday, August 18, 2014

The District

August 18, 2014

Hello Family!!

I'm not going to lie, I'm a little jealous of your trip. I'm glad you all had a great time out there. :)

So for this past week, remember how Elder Smith was sick on Sunday? Guess who got sick Monday night? haha...I started feeling sick around 3ish on Monday and thought to myself, "I'll prolly throw up tonight..." Turns out, I was right! Right as we got to the area that we wanted to work, I was feeling worse...got clammy hands and told Elder Smith to wait because I was going to vomit. And then, about 2ish minutes later, I threw up...and got it all over my shoes and a little bit on my pants...haha. Don't worry though, I cleaned them. They are wearable again!! Tuesday morning, I woke up and felt better at first, but then about after 5 minutes I felt super achy all over my body, to the point that it hurt to stand up. It even hurt to sit down...and lay down even. And then I went to the bathroom about 6 times in the space of an hour. So we ended up not getting any work down Monday nor Tuesday...but the good news is that we are both healthy now! Yay!!

Wednesday morning I woke up and felt so much better. I am SO grateful for the Fitt couple here because Tuesday night, they brought us homemade chicken noodle soup, crackers, apple juice, and coke. The chicken noodle soup reminded me of yours, mom! It was SO good! I definitely blessed to have the Fitt couple here.

But good things did happen this week. :)

With the family Swanepoel, we were able to see them Thursday. We talked about keeping the Sabbath Day holy because they haven't been coming to church. It went very well and they recommitted to coming to church. At the start of priesthood meeting, they hadn't come. And they still hadn't come by the beginning of the second class...but after that one ended, I walked out of the class room, and there was their 6 year old daughter. I feel like I haven't ever been happier. It was so great to see them there.

Later we talked to the DMP (ward mission leader) about the Swanepoel's and we came to a decision that they need to wait a couple more weeks before they get baptized. So we'll be planning now for the 7th of September for them. I'm still super excited. :)

Raphael is doing very well. A miracle happened with him. Now, when he smokes, he isn't able to finish the cigarette because it starts to taste really bad about half-way through. He is now down to 1 and a halfish cigarettes a day. He's made so much progress. He does have one problem though other than that. Family problems. His parents and rest of his family are not okay with him coming to the "Mormon" church. Nor do they understand why he needs to get baptized again (he's been baptized once. Catholic, no need for a 2nd baptism...). And so baptism is a rather touchy subject with him. He said he can't get baptized yet. And that he can't live one commandment and break another. If he did get baptized, he "wouldn't be honoring his parents." So that's our new concern with Raphael. I know that he knows these things we've taught him are true, and I know he's felt the spirit testify to him, we just don't know what to do now that we've finished all the missionary lessons with him.

Christian, on the other hand, is doing super great! He and his girlfriend (who was baptized in May in Poitiers) are thinking about marriage. They are looking forward to going to the temple with each other. They aren't looking forward to waiting a whole year though. It's been such a great blessing for me during my mission to be able to be one of "his" missionaries. He definitely is a miracle and tender mercy from the Lord.

We also have another ami named Anne. And she is progressing very well. She has a smoking problem, so for our 3rd rendez-vous we had with her, we taught the Word of Wisdom. And she just accepted it all and has already cut down her smoking in half! We were teaching her with a member...but we thought that we should teach with this member on occasion...for two funny things that happened during the lessons. After we taught the Word of Wisdom, Anne asked us if we eat meat. And we answered yes, she then stated how she is vegetarian. Our member then stated how he thinks that during that millennium, we'll all be vegetarians anyway...let's just say Elder Smith and I had a great laugh about that afterwards.

The next rendez-vous we had with her, we were hoping to create an environment that the spirit could testify well to her so we could lance the baptismal invite. During the beginning when we did a suivi (follow-up) on the WoW, our member proudly stated how he had never smoked in his life right after Anne stated how hard it had been for her to cut down on her smoking...Elder Smith and I had a great laugh about that as well. We weren't able to give her the baptismal invite at this rdv. But at the one after, when we taught with the Fitt couple, we did. And Anne got super excited and asked when she'll get baptized. We hadn't prayed for a date yet, so we told her that we'll talk about that in the next rdv. And at church she told many people that she was going to get baptized, but that she didn't know when. It was pretty cool to see how excited she got about getting baptized. :)

So President Babin has started something new. Now instead of getting our transfer repertoire on Monday, it comes out on Saturday! So Saturday we had a look at the repertoire to see if one of us would be leaving. Elder Smith and I will be companions for another six weeks! Sweet! :) We went and had some McDo after to "celebrate". :)

Also, here is a photo of the district. I've loved being apart of this district. Elder Louis has been such a great District leader. He's gonna do some great work out in the real world. (this was his last transfer, number 16).

Even though the week was off to a rough start, it was a super great week and flew by so fast!

I love you all so much! :)


-Elder B. Stanton Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment