Contact Info

You can mail a letter to Elder Wilson in the PARIS FRANCE mission at dearelder.com or through the postal service:

Elder B. Stanton Wilson
49 Rue Marengo
72000 Le Mans
France

The mission home address is:
France-Paris Mission
23, rue du Onze Novembre
78110 Le Vesinet
France

Monday, August 18, 2014

New Beginnings / Sad Goodbyes

July 14, 2014

Hello Everyone!!

So transfers happened this week. I got this cool missionary from Salt Lake City. His name is Elder Smith. He is 6'4". He likes basketball.

It was rather sad saying goodbye to Elder Rigby, but it's all good. Totes gonna miss that guy. Elder Kendall is also done with his mission, too, which is rather sad. I'll miss him too. I've started to realize that the mission has a lot of new beginnings, but has some of the most endings/goodbye's that I've ever seen. 

So this week we did lots of searching, with little finding. But we will continue to search for those that are prepared. There is a family that just moved into the ward boundaries that is interested in the church. I'm really excited to meet them.

This past week I wasn't able to buy new socks. But I just may today. It depends. Elder Smith kinda wants to go see centreville and we're not sure at all if stores will be open (HAPPY INDEPENDANCE DAY IN FRANCE!!) :D

So lately there has been this huge event in La Rochelle called Francofolies. Which is like over 100 concerts in 4-5 days. Today is the last day, and I am SUPER excited for it to be done. It's great that huge events happen, but missionary work isn't too practical when all you end up contacting is tourists that speak neither french nor english.

Also, I think I may be catching a cold...which is weird because it's pretty hot here in La Rochelle. But I'm hoping to overcome it soon. It shouldn't be any problem and I'm doing what I can to take care of it.

Yesterday, Christian was conferred a member of the church. Man, he was absolutely just beaming. The bishop talked to him after church about preparing to recieve the Aaronic Priesthood in 2 to 3 weeks. Let's just say he is absolutely excited for this new journey he has taken for his life. It's been amazing to see his progression and his enthusiasm in wanting to learn and grow.

I'm not really sure what else to say, not much happened this past week... :p sorry. Although, I do have a question, when are the iPad's supposed to come out to Europe?

Oh, and I should be starting my 2nd year legality sometime within the next two weeks. I got an email saying that I need to start it. It's crazy how fast time moves on.

Well, I love you all! :)


-Elder B. Stanton Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment