Contact Info

You can mail a letter to Elder Wilson in the PARIS FRANCE mission at dearelder.com or through the postal service:

Elder B. Stanton Wilson
49 Rue Marengo
72000 Le Mans
France

The mission home address is:
France-Paris Mission
23, rue du Onze Novembre
78110 Le Vesinet
France

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Service: Shoveling Gravel

April 28, 2014

Hello Family!!
 
Thank you so much for all the pictures!! To explain how we got this opportunity, well, the Professeur told us that he's done this in the past. And he still had our number. I'm pretty excited to do this presentation, I'm also a little nervous, too. ha. But, it'll turn out well. If you have any tips on how we can do a good presentation, don't hesitate to let me know. Also, if you have any finding (as in for missionary finding) ideas, I'd love to recieve those as well :)
 
This past week started pretty well and ended pretty crazy. Tuesday, we had district meeting, but we actually had to leave early so we could get to our rdv's on time. We had 4 rdv's that day!! It was so tiring! And super cool :)
 
We got an opportunity this past week to do service! We moved about 5 tons of gravel/sand. More people in the ward were supposed to come, but it ended up being just the missionaries for the first hour, and then a Brother and his son came to help out. We ended up finishing it all in about 2 - 2 1/2 hours. Doing all that shoveling back home came in handy on the mission! Who woulda thought that? :)
 
Friday, Elder Dussere went to Marsaille to take an exam so he can get into the university he wants to get into after his mission, so Elder Wallace, Elder Johnson, and I were in a trio for about a day and a half. It was super fun! Except for the fact that all of our lessons but one fell through. But that lesson was super cool! It was with an ami named Emilienne. She is super accepting. We just need to get her to come to church. Ha. C'est la vie avec tous nos amis! (ha, that rhymes!!)
 
This past week we met with a new ami named Wang, from China! He will be leaving this next weekend to China and won't be returning, but I have never seen a bigger change in anyone than in him. We've had two lessons with him, in which the first, he didn't know who God was, nor did he really believe in a God, and had never said a prayer in his life. The second lesson, the first thing he said was "I've prayed like three times each day since the last time we met. I do have a problem though, which way should I pray? My roommate told me to pray with my hands together, not my arms crossed." And then off that we taught him according to his needs. We were going to try to get him baptized this week before he leaves, but it's too soon for him. We'll be seeing him this week a couple more times, and I'm hoping to get his email to stay in contact. Seriously, Wang is SO cool!!
 
I don't really have much more to say. This week we have legality for Elder Wallace, though. So finding is going to be a challenge for us this week. Our focus in finding this week will be to talk to everyone at every chance we have, because of the time we'll be missing from District meeting, legality, and planning the presentation.
 
I love you all so much! I'm sorry I don't have more to say. I'll let you know when I am informed about mother's day.
 

-Elder B. Stanton Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment