Contact Info

You can mail a letter to Elder Wilson in the PARIS FRANCE mission at dearelder.com or through the postal service:

Elder B. Stanton Wilson
49 Rue Marengo
72000 Le Mans
France

The mission home address is:
France-Paris Mission
23, rue du Onze Novembre
78110 Le Vesinet
France

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Please Send Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread!

Ma famille!! Je t'aime beaucoup!! Je suis reconnaissent pour votre e-mails! (My family! I love you so much! I recognize your e-mails!)

I'm in the MTC, not on the West Campus (the BYU campus) We were supposed to move to West campus on Sep 16 (the day I fly to Paris) but we're not going to be moving at all anymore. Sempas!! :)

For choir, we just learn one song on Sunday and then sing it in the Tuesday devotional. Each week, we learn a new song. But since this week was Fast Sunday, we didn't have choir practice. Although, today at 1, I'm having a practice with 3 other Elders to learn an A cappella song to audition for a musical number. I'm stoked!! :)

That's so cool about all the football stuff, and especially about Grantsville beating Tooele!! I heard there was a drug bust in Tooele and lots of varsity members were suspended from 3 games? Sounds like Ky is having a great season all ready!!

And It sounds like Kaysen's doing well in Football!! Yeah!! TE!! Tight End is THEE best!!!! What's his number? Is he 82?!?!?! :D

I found out that a kid that graduated with me died a couple weeks ago in a car accident...it's so crazy how fast stuff like that can happen!! It makes me wonder if that would've happened to me if I hadn't decided to serve a mission.

This week was pretty good, although I had some struggles. Satan was working hard on me this week, but yesterday, I asked the Branch President for a Priesthood Blessing. In it he addressed some concerns that I didn't even talk to him about. Priesthood blessings truly are inspired of God. The language is getting easier every day! It's still hard, but I'm getting a lot better. Yesterday, along with fasting from food (which I went 24 hours! and it wasn't even hard!!), my district fasted from English. It was hard, and we'd slip into English occasionally, but it was a neat and humbling experience. I didn't talk much though...ha. But I feel like the next time I fast, I will fast from English again as well as food.

Our first two teachers we had quit working because of school. So we no longer have Soeur Scott nor Frere Saguibo. We got so close!! They gave us their emails so we could write to them. I'm definately going to write them when I'm out in the field!! Our new teachers are Frere Laguan, who served in Montreal and got back 2 months ago, and Frere Blosil, who served in the France Talouse mission (I don't know how to spell it...ha). Frere Blosil has been back for a couple years and is the drummer for a band called Red Yeti. I told him about my band I was in before I died (before the mission. That's a joke that we say in the MTC...ha) and he was really interested in looking up my band. It made me excited!! :D haha

This past Tuesday, Elder Neil L. Andersen spoke to us. It was SOOO cool!! He came and shook lots of hands of the choir after. He was like 3 rows away from me and stopped shaking hands...mais c'est marche :) (but it works).

For gym this week, I went out to the field a lot and played football (soccer). Here, you can't slide tackle (for obvious reasons) nor head the ball (also for obvious reasons). But it makes playing soccer more difficult. Although, one day, I was on a ROLL!! I had 3 assists and 1 goal!! I usually average about 1 or 2 assists and score about 1/3 of the games I play in. The foreigners that play soccer are SOOOO good! Elder Elvidge is SO good at soccer!! And there's an Elder in my zone, Elder Randall, that played soccer for BYU before his mission. He's SICK!! He also lived in France for like 3 years and played in a French Football Club.

So one of my friends here at the MTC is Elder Haumani. He's from an island in French Polynesia called Takapoto and he showed me some pictures of his house and things he'd do before his mission...it is SO beautiful!! I decided that if my musical career goes how I want it to go, I'm gonna go to Takapoto to visit Elder Haumani with my band and play a show. ;) Elder Haumani is here to learn English better. He's getting TONS better!! His companion, Elder Manu is from Tonga and is HILARIOUS!! I talked about them in a letter you'll be getting soon.

So in that letter, I asked for you to send me some cheeps and salsa. But don't worry about that! :) If you send me any food, send me homemade Pumpkin Chocolate Chip bread! :) I'd just LOVE that!!! :D Please?

Well I love you all so much!! Thank you for the support you give me! And thank you for the letter about the Whitworths! That was cool to read! I knew Landon was in the Palmyra Pageant, but I didn't know his whole family was in the pageant too!! Um, if you could, the next letter you send me, will you send pictures with it? Of the Family, of the garden? Of quilts maybe? Ha just anything. And they don't even have to be high quality, just print them out and send them. Thanks :) I love y'all so much!!

-Elder Wilson!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment