Contact Info

You can mail a letter to Elder Wilson in the PARIS FRANCE mission at dearelder.com or through the postal service:

Elder B. Stanton Wilson
49 Rue Marengo
72000 Le Mans
France

The mission home address is:
France-Paris Mission
23, rue du Onze Novembre
78110 Le Vesinet
France

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

This is Where I Want to Be

Ma Famille!!

Jaret is engaged! That's CRAZY!!! I can't believe it. Well, I can...but I didn't think it'd happen THIS fast!! I was SOOOO excited when I read his Dear Elder to me the day after he proposed. 

Vivre la Grantsville!!! Yeah!! I love that we won!! Allez le bleu (rouge, in this case, I guess.) :) Danny Haynie, one of my friends from Grantsville, got his mission call this past Friday!! He's going to the El Salvador San Salvador East Mission!!! He reports to the Mexico MTC on November 27th!! Cool beans!! he also told me that BYU dominated their last game. It was like 40-21!! Ha

Kaysen, keep playing hard!! I'm gonna send you a letter soon! You should get it within the next couple days.

Send my congrats to Mark and Becca on the birth of their baby boy!! That's so exciting!! And when I get back, William will almost be 2 years old!! So he won't have much recollection of me not being in his life!! :D Jaret, Sam, you're next!! ;)

Yes, I do have my travel itinerary. We report to the travel office on Monday, September 16th at 1 PM (so you will get an email from me that day! :D) and my flight is at 5:10 p.m. I'm supposed to arrive in France at 11:15 a.m. (France time, not Utah time.) It's just one straight flight. No lay-overs. :) Haha the elders going to the Lyon mission first fly to Chicago, then to London, then to France. They have to report to the travel office at 3:30 a.m.!!! And they don't get to France until 11:05 (France time) hahaha!!! I'm so blessed to only have one flight! :)

I'm seriously so excited to go to France!! The MTC is getting better and better every day...but I really am anxious to get out at and teach God's children and help them come to know of the truth, par le Saint-Esprit.

I'm getting a lot better at French!! Each day my French is improving and I'm remembering so much. It's all because of the Lord and His help that He has given me. I truly am so blessed to be here right now. I love it!

About guitar and music and singing, I miss it all so much, but I love being here and serving the Lord. I'd much rather be doing His work than at home or at college. This is where I want to be. This is where the Lord wants me to be. And this is where He needs me to be. He gave me my musical talent, but I am giving that up right now so that I can serve Him. And I've already been blessed with musical opportunities here. :) The age change that was announced last year is such a blessing for me in my life.

I'm still not sure which scripture I want to include on my missionary plaque. I'll let you know next Monday.

This week was pretty good. We learned how to make subjunctive sentences in French. So now I can say something like: Dieu nous donne les commandements afin que nous puissions avoir bonheur. (God to us gives the commandments so that we can have happiness. Or, put more simply, God gives us commandments so that we can have happiness.) It was easy for me to learn. Much easier than the tenses we had to learn.

Mon collegue and I are getting along pretty well. We're really starting to crack down and work more efficiently. It's AWESOME!! :) Well, ask me more questions!! It's hard for me to right long letters when you don't give me very many questions to answer. :) haha I love ya'll!!

-Elder B. Stanton Wilson

Here are some pictures!!

This is Elder Brockbank (from Lehi) and Elder Nicolson (from Scotland) posing at our temple walk yesterday. They're in a different district but we play soccer together during gym time and they're some of my good friends here.

Elder Edwards is from Nevada. He's going to Tahiti...last week at the temple walk, I took a selfie on his camera and he has kept it. He's another one of my friends. He's pretty funny!

Elder Haumani and I are WAY good friends!! He's from Takapoto in French Polynesia. His English is getting better. He leaves the week after me. He's so cool!!

This is my district with our teacher Sœur Scott on her last day of teaching us. She served in the Geneva, Switzerland mission (which is now the France, Lyon mission.) She became more than just a teacher for us; she became one of our best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment