Contact Info

You can mail a letter to Elder Wilson in the PARIS FRANCE mission at dearelder.com or through the postal service:

Elder B. Stanton Wilson
49 Rue Marengo
72000 Le Mans
France

The mission home address is:
France-Paris Mission
23, rue du Onze Novembre
78110 Le Vesinet
France

Monday, April 14, 2014

Aprils Fools: My Middle Name is Gullible

4/7/14

Bonjour Famille,

Donc pour le 1 Avril, tout le monde got me. Our district leader played a prank on me with the portable. He did a simulated call and figured out how to change the name...so he changed the name to President...well, since I didn't recieve your email last week, I was worried SICK that something happened to one of you...everyone laughed...but it really wasn't funny.

Nice joke Jaret. You know, I was super stoked to be an uncle. But I guess Bodacious isn't my middle name, gullible is. :P

Speaking of Bodacious though, that's super funny that Bodacious lives on!! :D haha.

So, this past week was super hard. I definitely realized the importance of family. Seriously, I've been worried pretty sick...but I didn't let it distract me from the work.

This past week, instead of going out and doing JUST finding, we decided to see as many members as possible and just contact on the way. And oddly, that was SO much more efficient than going out contacting/porting. And it was TONS more uplifting!! We didn't find any new amis yet, but we found about 3 or 4 potentials this week.

Did I tell you guys about the hedges that we cut? Well, if I didn't, I'm going to now. :) We spent about 6 hours cutting hedges for a member's neighbor a saturday. Then the following tuesday (because we hadn't finished) we went back over to cut again. We finished cutting all of them down to the height they need to be, all that's left is doing the finishing touches. Let's just say, service is super fun (and helps surmonter fears of climbing trees...) and great learning experiences. Like I learned that hedges are not for me. I'll gladly help others with theirs, but as for me and my future household, no hedges. :) haha

We recieved a referral for this guy named Wendy. He's from the french islands. And he is super amazing!! We were able to have a lesson with him this past week, but we don't have a return rdv yet. He basically the same story as Joseph Smith. He's looking for the truth. We taught the rĂ©tablissement and he seemed to like it. We'll be getting in contact with him again this week. He said that he would like to learn more. That was definitely one of my favorite parts of the week.

Also, thank you so much for the mixes!! :) I haven't used any yet, because I want to savor them, but I'll be using some either this week or the next.

I loved General Conference!! :) Seriously, it was better than Christmas!!!! It seemed very choice/agency based this time...which made me think about the choices I've made, am making right now, and will make during and after the mission. I've realized that before my mission, the choices are made, I made them because of the moment. Because I was short sighted, but now, I've been changing that. And I've really been looking at the effects that my words/actions can have on other people. And I've realized that I make better choices when I do that.
Also, I loved the whole "Dieter, don't you even think about it!!" in the Priesthood session!! haha :)

Well, I love you all. I hope you all have a great week. :)

-Elder B. Stanton Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment