Contact Info

You can mail a letter to Elder Wilson in the PARIS FRANCE mission at dearelder.com or through the postal service:

Elder B. Stanton Wilson
49 Rue Marengo
72000 Le Mans
France

The mission home address is:
France-Paris Mission
23, rue du Onze Novembre
78110 Le Vesinet
France

Monday, March 24, 2014

Soul Searching

Family! Hello :)

Live like You Believe. Ha. That's funny. That's one that I hear SO much out here. :P haha. It has a very good meaning to the song though. :)

So as far as this week, I'd say this past week was definitely a soul-searching, learning week. This week was definitely a tough one. We did so much finding. And got rejection after rejection...but Heavenly Father definitely wanted me to learn this past week.

I find it very interesting that Bishop talked about Pride this past sunday. haha. Because one of the things I learned this past week was humility. This whole transfer has been a very humble transfer. Starting with seriously no amis. And on top of that, training. I've definitely learned how to better trust my companion and to listen to him. But this week, I've learned humility in a sense other than listening and trusting my companion. It's hard to describe it. But it feels like a humble love for everyone.

Thursday we had zone conference. It was so great. Elder Wallace LOVED it. As did I. :) In fact, the Zone conference was an answer to Elder Wallace's prayers!! He had been praying all week for a new method for contacting (out of the 100 he's already come up with. Seriously, he is THEE best missionary I have ever met!). The assistants presented to us Easter Egg Contacting!! Or in other words, since Easter is coming up, use it in contacting. They presented to us some good ideas to help us begin with using Easter in contacting/porting! We've already found that using Easter either opens people up, or gets through the people that don't care at all faster. It's pretty cool. We haven't found anyone new yet, but we're still trying! Participating in the musical number was amazing!!

So I was doing some studying and came across the story of the apôtres in the ship at sea. And Christ walking on the water. Les apôtres got scared because they didn't know who/what was on the water, but Jesus says hey, don't be afraid, it's me. Peter then asks if he can come to Jesus, on the water. Christ says to come. And as Peter is going, he starts to notice the winds around him. And starts to sink and cries "Lord, save me." Christ IMMEDIATLY reaches to save Peter and asks "O ye of little faith, where didst thou doubt?" This past week has been like the winds for me. But Christ was there the whole time. And just as I started sinking in the sea, I cried out for help. And Christ reached for me and lifted me up. Nothing really changed this week. Except for, through Christ, I was able to have the strength to continue.

I'm not really sure if that makes any sense, but I sure hope it does. :D ha. I'm sorry that I don't have too much to say this week.

Two things that really helped me this week though, and were a HUGE surprise, was the package from Grandma and Grandpa! (Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!! I used the biscuit recipe last night. They were delicious!!) and also, the Young Women in our ward sent me some letters. Seriously, those helped so much. Both the package and the letters definitely came in a time of need. :)

I love you all! Thank you so much for all you do and all the support. It helps so much.

-Elder B. Stanton Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment